believe housing is closely monitoring government guidance on the next stages of the coronavirus pandemic. In line with current guidance, we are planning to resume the full range of services we provide to customers in a phased way.
Everyone at believe housing fully understands the impact that the coronavirus pandemic is having on the lives of many people and we are working hard to maintain services during these challenging times. The safety of our customers and staff is always our number one priority.
We will continue to provide extra support and advice to customers during these unprecedented times.
A number of services, like gas safety inspections, have continued during the pandemic in line with government guidance. We have already put in place a range of solutions including personal protective equipment (PPE) and increased hygiene measures to ensure this essential work could continue safely.
If you are currently suffering from coronavirus symptoms, are isolating, or shielding on medical advice we can postpone appointments.
If you require a rescheduled appointment, you must contact us at us at the earliest possible opportunity by calling 0300 1311 999, email email@example.com , or through our online form, so we can arrange this for you.
As we enter the next stages, our focus on safety will not be compromised.
staged reintroduction of services
The government have issued dates when they expect coronavirus restrictions to be reduced. believe housing will be following this timetable and taking into account all available advice when resuming services for customers. Please note that the government timetable may be amended at any time.
minimising risk to everyone
Before any additional services for customers are reintroduced, believe housing will carry out five tests to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
- Is the correct PPE available for workers delivering the service?
- Can government guidance on social distancing, personal hygiene and non-essential travel be followed?
- Can we ensure that we have the capacity to deliver the service reliably; we do not want to over-promise and disappoint our customers?
- Where we are delivering services in a different way, do we have the technology to support that?
- If we are already delivering work remotely, will the safety and wellbeing of our customers be improved by returning to a physical service?
From Monday, 18 May onwards, believe housing has been working to:
No earlier than Monday, 1 June, believe housing will:
- Contact customers with appointments that have been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Re-start work on properties to make them ready for new tenants
- Begin some external improvement work on homes, such as footpath repairs
- Resume the most urgent work on aids and adaptations in homes, such as hoist installation for customers with limited mobility.
No earlier than Saturday, 4 July, believe housing will:
This timetable is based on the latest information and guidance from government. It is subject to change at any time upon advice or instruction from government and we will continue to keep everyone updated as our plans develop.
As new information about coronavirus becomes available we’ll continue to update our coronavirus (Covid-19) page, so please and keep checking back.
This page was last updated on Thursday, 21 May 2020.