winter warmers: Reduce your risk of condensation
If you notice condensation appearing in your home whenever you cook, run a bath, shower or dry clothes, our Repairs Team have a few simple tips to help you prevent it.
Condensation – reduce your risk
- Wet windows and walls caused by cooking, bathing and drying clothes indoors could create mould, damp or damage to your furnishings.
- Leave some background heating on during the day in cold weather. Around 15°C or 62°F should help
- Don’t block your radiators or heaters with furniture when they’re on
- Keep your fixed vents clear
- Open your windows and vents slightly
- Close your kitchen and bathroom doors when cooking, washing or bathing
- Put lids on pans when you are cooking
- Hang your washing on a clothes horse or rail instead of directly on radiators
- Put cold water in your bath first to reduce the amount of steam.