Residents living in County Durham are set to benefit from expert advice thanks to a series of free advice days that have been organised.
Six advice days covering areas including health, housing, benefits, debt, employment, fuel and Universal Credit will be offered around the county across a period of seven weeks from September 8 to October 20, 2017.
The collaboration aims to open up and raise awareness of advice for residents of the areas – and offer a unique opportunity for advice providers to all be under one roof, working together and giving advice and making decisions on the day to improve the life of the customer.
The free events will run between 10am and 3pm across a variety of locations within the county. In addition to the drop-in sessions, residents can also make appointments in advance with the organisations involved.
County Durham Advice Days
The County Durham Advice Days are a unique opportunity for people to address several issues in one go with face-to-face support from experts in the field, and for many queries get decisions on the day – something that can often take weeks.
Julie Gowland, Project Manager for Monkey, said: “We all face circumstances from time to time where we need advice, whether it’s an unexpected crisis, a change in circumstances, or planning how to achieve our goals. These events are organised across the County to make advice more accessible to residents.
“If there are circumstances where we cannot help with an issue on that day, we can make future appointments, or refer you to someone who can help, so please come along”
The advice days will be held on the following days and venues:
- Friday 8 September, Café at The Elms, Moorfoot Avenue, Chester le Street DH2 3EJ
- Tuesday 19 September, East Durham Trust Community House, Yoden Rd, Peterlee SR8 5DP
- Monday 25 September, Newton Aycliffe Youth and Community Centre, Burn Lane, Newton Aycliffe DL5 4HT
- Thursday 5 October, Pelaw View Centre, Hilda Avenue, Sherburn Road Estates, Durham DH1 2EH
- Thursday 12 October, Civic Hall, Front St, Stanley DH9 0NA
- Friday 20 October, Auckland Youth & Community Centre, Walker Drive, Woodhouse Close Estate, Bishop Auckland DL14 6QL