Community groups in County Durham can get up to £20,000 from believe housing, for projects with the power to change lives and communities.
We have £40,000 up for grabs, through our Large Community Capital Grants scheme, which is open for applications now.
Your group can apply for a grant of between £10,000 and £20,000 up until the closing date, Friday, 13 May 2022.
Damian Pearson, Community Investment Performance Team Leader at believe housing, said: “We’re looking for projects that will really benefit our customers and communities for years to come.
“This could include new buildings or refurbishment of existing facilities, outdoor spaces such as play areas and allotments, equipment for village halls, vehicles or public artwork.
“There are just five weeks to apply, and these large grants are always in high demand, so any organisation interested should get in touch soon.”
Grants will be awarded to support community investment programmes and to deliver innovative projects that put people on a pathway to improving their lives.
Not-for-profit and voluntary organisations, local schools, community groups, town and parish councils and charities can all apply.
At least 30 per cent of those benefiting from projects should be believe housing customers, in central, east or west Durham.
Projects must also meet at least one of our key themes:
- Health and wellbeing: improving mental and physical health as well as building the confidence of individuals
- Employability and training: including volunteering and other upskilling activities
- Increasing household income: activities including debt and benefit advice, feeding families and employing people
- A greener, fairer future: by reducing, reusing and recycling
- Tackling inequalities as a result of Covid-19.
For more details on believe housing’s Large Capital Grants, eligibility criteria and how to apply click here.