- Closing: Monday, 24 January 2022
- Salary: £25,889 - £27,015 Grade 7
- Location: Seaham or Bishop Auckland, and hybrid
We’re on the lookout for two Lettings Officers to join our Lettings Team on a fixed-term basis for 12 months.
We believe in life without barriers. If everyone expects more, they can achieve more, and we can transform lives together. It is this power of ‘more’ that will let people realise what is possible – change perceptions, raise aspirations and create inclusive, vibrant communities.
about the role
- Assist the Lettings Team Leader in the delivery of believe housing’s lettings service, including management of Durham Key Options, and other allocations processes that believe housing may introduce
- Deliver outstanding customer service
- Work with the Lettings Team, the organisation, and external partners to ensure the lettings service is developed to meet current and future needs
- Be an ambassador for believe housing, working with internal and external partners to deliver excellent services to the neighbourhoods in which we work
- Assess the housing needs of applicants to the Durham Key Options scheme or any other allocation scheme that believe housing operates, in accordance with the relevant policy
- Maintain housing registers and assist in collecting performance management data for the register, and the preparation of information and feedback on lettings performance
- Liaise with external agencies on applications and evidence gathering, medical needs, and specific requirements in more complex cases
- Shortlisting of applicants, incorporating eligibility, affordability checks and pre-tenancy rent estimates
- Provide practical advice and information to customers on a wide range of issues, including housing, and signposting applicants to specific internal and external services, when required.
To find out more, please read the full job description.
what’s on offer?
Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we value you, encourage you, look after you, and empower you.
As well as a competitive salary of £25,889 – £27,015 per annum pro-rata, some of our top benefits and rewards include:
- 31-33 days of annual leave pro-rata
- the opportunity to work where you need to get the job done
- an excellent pension scheme
- up to four days paid volunteering leave each year
Take a look to see what else is on offer, from wellbeing support, discounts, family friendly policies, learning and development, and more.
we’re an award-winning organisation
We’ve been delighted to see our efforts recognised, here are some of our most recent award highlights from 2021:
- Best Companies: ‘2-star outstanding to work for’ organisation, #12 in the UK’s 25 Best Housing Associations to Work For (the only north east housing association to make the list this year) and the #25 spot in the North East’s 30 Best Companies to Work For list
- Business of the Year – North East England Chamber Business Award
- Housing Organisation of the Year – Chartered Institute of Housing Northern Awards
- Homebuilder of the Year – UK Housing Awards
- COVID resilience winner – Northern Housing Awards.
If you believe that you live our values and can bring something special to this role, then apply now. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
- Closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Monday, 24 January 2022.
- Send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of ‘Lettings Officer Vacancy’.
- Interview date to be confirmed.
a bit about believe housing
believe housing is one of the North East’s largest housing associations and we pride ourselves on putting our tenants and our people at the heart of everything we do and making them part of our journey in providing better housing services, homes, and communities.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce to deliver our vision and values of life without barriers and to do the right thing: for our people, for our customers, for our business.
we believe in life without barriers.