leaving your home
If you have decided to move on or exchange to another property, there are some things you need to do:
- Give us four weeks’ notice, in writing, that you wish to leave
- Replace any broken or damaged items that belong to us, as you will be charged for any repairs that are not a result of fair wear and tear
- Make sure that the property is empty, and that you remove all your possessions and any rubbish from the outside area as well
- Leave the property clean and tidy, as you will be charged if we have to carry out any housekeeping duties after you have gone
- Return all keys, as you will be charged if we have to replace any sets or locks
- Give us your new address and phone number
- Pay all rent and other charges up to the date of the end of your tenancy
- Make arrangements to pay any arrears, as we will not be able to offer you another home until you do so
- Redirect your mail and tell everyone who needs to know your change of address, including your energy providers who will arrange to disconnect your supply on a set date and send your final bill to your new address.
Once you give us your four weeks’ notice, an officer will arrange an appointment to inspect your home.