support with money and running your home
money matters at believe housing
Our money matters debt advice service is free, confidential and impartial.
Whether you need support to find the right deal, you’re in a desperate financial situation or just need some help to budget and make your money go further, the right support and advice matters.
Our dedicated team are here to help you to understand your rights and responsibilities and those of your creditors.
- help you to explore your debt problem.
- explain the debt options that are available and how they may affect you.
- look for ways to increase your income and reduce your outgoings by completing a financial statement.
- act on your behalf if necessary in relation to the following payments and debts: rent, council tax, gas and electricity, water rates and benefit overpayments.
- provide you with an advice letter setting out the advice we have given, actions taken and other actions to be taken.
In return, we ask that you:
- attend all appointments we arrange for you, or let us know if you can’t attend an appointment.
- let us know about any relevant changes in your circumstances, for instance, if you have a child, you start work, or your income increases or decreases.
- provide all the information and evidence we request.
- do not negotiate directly with creditors before discussing it with your adviser.
- do not borrow more money or enter into any new credit agreements.
confidentiality and consent
The records we keep are for the purposes of believe housing only. We will not disclose any information about your enquiry to anyone, and we will not pass on your information without your explicit permission.