winter warmers: keeping you and your family safe
Christmas is an opportune time for criminals so don’t make things easy for them and keep you and your family safe with the following tips:
- don’t display gifts near a window
- draw your curtains when you go out at night
- don’t leave valuables and shopping on display in your car
- keep wallets, purses, mobile phones and iPads out of sight and bags secure, especially in crowded places
- avoid carrying large amounts of cash, and be vigilant when drawing money from ATMs
- keep your PIN number safe, do not disclose to anyone or carry with your card
- make sure any callers to your home are genuine by always asking for ID.
And remember, if you witness a crime in action always call the police on 999.