winter warmers: what to do if your heating is not working
If your heating is not working, ask yourself:
- Is the electricity supply on?
- Is the timer set properly?
- Is the thermostat turned up high enough?
Our Gas Team have a few simple checks you can carry out on your boiler to resolve any issues.
If your system is still not working, contact our repairs service; and in the meantime:
- Close all internal doors to minimise heat loss and movement of warm air around the home
- Draw your curtains and blinds
- Wear extra clothing
- Have plenty hot meals and drinks
- Be a good neighbour and check on the elderly and vulnerable.