- Closing: Sunday, 3 July 2022
- Salary: £41,232 - £42,378 per annum
- Location: Seaham or Bishop Auckland, and hybrid
We’re looking for a Senior Income Specialist (current tenants) to join the believe housing team on a permanent basis.
believe housing is an innovative multi-award-winning, not-for-profit housing association with more than 18,000 homes. We are investing heavily to deliver life without barriers in homes and communities stretching across County Durham and beyond.
Our teams are growing due to the number of exciting projects we’re delivering and we have a number of new roles available.
Existing homes are being upgraded in a huge project to improve their environmental performance and adapt them to future needs. Our rapidly growing new-build programme is delivering 2,000 extra homes. And an extensive funding programme is improving communities and opportunities throughout the area.
With sector-leading support for customers, particularly the most vulnerable, believe housing prides itself in offering more than your average landlord.
If you can help us do the right thing for our people, our customers, and our business, then come and work the believe way.
about the role
- You will support the Income Manager in the effective management of the recovery and arrears service across believe housing.
- You will deputise the Income Manager in their absence and will have responsibility of the effective management of the Income Team.
- This role will assist the Income Recovery Manager in managing performance and supporting the delivery of outstanding services to customers in line with the vision and values of believe housing.
- You will review the changes to current arrangements and lead the investigation and implementation of initiatives to minimise the impact of welfare reform and Universal Credit.
For more information, please read the full job description.
what’s on offer?
Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we value you, encourage you, look after you, and empower you.
As well as a competitive salary of £41,232 – £42,378, some of our top benefits and rewards include:
- 31-33 days of annual leave
- working the believe way allows us to be more agile in the ways we work and creates a great work-life balance
- an excellent pension scheme with 21.6% employer contribution. Visit the LGPS member site for more details
- up to four days paid volunteering leave each year
Take a look to see what else is on offer, from wellbeing support, discounts, family-friendly policies, learning and development, and more.
we’re an award-winning organisation
We’ve been delighted to see our efforts recognised, here are some of our most recent award highlights:
- Best Companies: ‘2-star outstanding to work for’ organisation 2022 and 2021
- Best Companies: #12 in the UK’s 25 Best Housing Associations to Work For 2021 (the only north east housing association to make the list) and the #25 spot in the North East’s 30 Best Companies to Work For list 2021
- Best Repairs and Maintenance Team – Northern Housing Awards 2022
- Business of the Year – North East England Chamber Business Award 2021
- Housing Organisation of the Year – Chartered Institute of Housing Northern Awards 2021
- Homebuilder of the Year – UK Housing Awards 2021
- COVID resilience winner – Northern Housing Awards 2021
If you believe that you demonstrate our values and can bring something special to this role, then apply now. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
- Closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday, 3 July 2022.
- Please note that we are unable to accept CVs and all applicants must go through our website.
- Interview date to be confirmed.
a bit about believe housing
believe housing is one of the North East’s largest housing associations and we pride ourselves on putting our tenants and our people at the heart of everything we do and making them part of our journey in providing better housing services, homes, and communities.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce to deliver our vision and values of life without barriers and to do the right thing: for our people, for our customers, for our business.
we believe in life without barriers.