- Closing: Sunday, 10 July 2022
- Salary: competitive
- Location: Seaham or Bishop Auckland, and hybrid
We’re looking for an Assistant Director of Placemaking and Regeneration to join the believe housing team.
believe housing is an innovative multi-award-winning, not-for-profit housing association with more than 18,000 homes. We are investing heavily to deliver life without barriers in homes and communities stretching across County Durham and beyond.
Our teams are growing due to the number of exciting projects we’re delivering and we have a number of new roles available.
Existing homes are being upgraded in a huge project to improve their environmental performance and adapt them to future needs. Our rapidly growing new-build programme is delivering 2,000 extra homes. And an extensive funding programme is improving communities and opportunities throughout the area.
With sector-leading support for customers, particularly the most vulnerable, believe housing prides itself in offering more than your average landlord.
If you can help us do the right thing for our people, our customers, and our business, then come and work the believe way.
about the role
This is a brand-new role and an exciting opportunity for the right person and lead and deliver on believe housing’s placemaking and regeneration agenda.
- The Assistant Director will have overall responsibility for developing and managing an organisational placemaking strategy aligned to believe housing’s corporate plan, asset viability, and customer experience.
- You will be proactive, innovative and have a passion for architecture and urban design, working collaboratively with colleagues, customers, regional authorities, and external stakeholders to take forward schemes from inception and business case through to completion, ensuring that customers and communities lie at the heart of delivery.
- You will also work in a way that supports a place-based approach to asset management, that will create sustainable and desirable places. Linking investment decisions to neighbourhood and demand requirements, driving forward believe housing to be at the forefront of the placemaking agenda.
For more information, please read the full job description.
what’s on offer?
Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we value you, encourage you, look after you, and empower you.
As well as a competitive salary, some of our top benefits and rewards include:
- 31-33 days of annual leave
- working the believe way allows us to be more agile in the ways we work and creates a great work-life balance
- an excellent pension scheme with 21.6% employer contribution. Visit the LGPS member site for more details
- up to four days paid volunteering leave each year
Take a look to see what else is on offer, from wellbeing support, discounts, family-friendly policies, learning and development, and more.
we’re an award-winning organisation
We’ve been delighted to see our efforts recognised, here are some of our most recent award highlights:
- Best Companies: ‘2-star outstanding to work for’ organisation 2022 and 2021
- Best Companies: #12 in the UK’s 25 Best Housing Associations to Work For 2021 (the only north east housing association to make the list) and the #25 spot in the North East’s 30 Best Companies to Work For list 2021
- Best Repairs and Maintenance Team – Northern Housing Awards 2022
- Business of the Year – North East England Chamber Business Award 2021
- Housing Organisation of the Year – Chartered Institute of Housing Northern Awards 2021
- Homebuilder of the Year – UK Housing Awards 2021
- COVID resilience winner – Northern Housing Awards 2021
- Millions of pounds have been secured to make homes warmer, cheaper and greener – a total of £6m was awarded to the consortium and the housing associations will put in match-funding, to take the value of the wider project close to £10m. The biggest share of the SHDF funding, of almost £3.4m, will go to County Durham-based believe housing.
- Brandon masterplan – believe housing is developing a masterplan that will set out proposals to regenerate the central part of Brandon.
apply now with your cv and supporting statement
If you believe that you demonstrate our values and can bring something special to this role, then apply today. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
- Closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday, 10 July.
- Please email your CV and a supporting statement to both Ruth Dent, Director of Assets and Compliance, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm Sunday, 10 July 2022.
- Please provide a CV and supporting statement on why you are the right person for the role.
- Interview date to be confirmed.
a bit about believe housing
believe housing is one of the North East’s largest housing associations and we pride ourselves on putting our tenants and our people at the heart of everything we do and making them part of our journey in providing better housing services, homes, and communities.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce to deliver our vision and values of life without barriers and to do the right thing: for our people, for our customers, for our business.
we believe in life without barriers.