antisocial behaviour

believe housing is committed to maintaining thriving, safe communities.

Any community or neighbourhood can suffer from crime or antisocial behaviour and you, your family, and every person in your own neighbourhood should feel safe in your home.

If you experience or witness an incident in your community and would like advice, information, or support, believe housing is here to help whenever you need us. We work very closely with the police and a range of other agencies to tackle antisocial behaviour, hate crime, and domestic abuse and violence.

What is antisocial behaviour?

  • Noise nuisance (for example, loud music)
  • Vehicle nuisance (for example, off-road bikes)
  • Fly tipping
  • Animal nuisance (for example, allowing dogs to stray or foul)
  • Using or dealing drugs
  • Harassment
  • Verbal abuse
  • Violence or threats of violence
  • Damaging or threatening to damage property
  • Drunken or rowdy behaviour
  • Criminal activity.
  • Abusive or insulting written or verbal behaviour
  • Violence and threats of violence
  • Vandalism to property or attempted arson
  • Repeated and unfounded complaints against a person or group
  • Activities intended to deter a person from occupying a particular property
  • Abusive telephone calls or uninvited visits to someone’s home
  • Placing excrement, rubbish, or offensive materials near or in the victim’s home.

A hate crime is defined as ‘any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice, based on a person’s disability or perceived disability, race or perceived race; or religion or perceived religion; or sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation; or transgender identity or perceived transgender identity’.

If you or someone you know has been subjected to domestic abuse, please visit our domestic abuse page where you can find support and advice.

We are here to listen and help, and we can talk you through the options available and offer access to appropriate services, support agencies, and security measures.

You can now report a noise nuisance to us using the free ‘The Noise App’. The app lets you record audio for up to 30 seconds on your smartphone. This recording will then be sent instantly to our Neighbourhoods and Safer Neighbourhoods Teams to investigate.

You can download ‘The Noise App’ for free from the App Store for iPhone and the Google Play Store for Android phones.

Once downloaded, you will need to register your account, and when prompted, choose believe housing as the housing provider. Once you’ve registered your account, you will then be able to submit a recording to us.

Please speak to us before submitting a noise recording so that we can discuss your complaint.

There are some reports that we may not investigate, for example:

  • Reports of DIY noise at a reasonable time of day.
  • Reports of domestic noise, such as vacuuming, at reasonable times of day.
  • General household living noise, such as children playing.

reporting antisocial behaviour

If you're experiencing antisocial behaviour in your community, please get in touch.

Contact Us